Navigate

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Falling Behind

Well now. 

It seems like the whole 'blog once a day' thing didn't quite work out for me. That's because I've started work as a freelance art instructor in River Valley Primary. Its rather unfortunate that one of their full-time teachers is terminally ill, and often on medical leave. As such, the kids are sort of left to be taught by all kinds of teachers from all kinds of places, often changing on a weekly basis. I hope I can keep teaching these classes until the end of the year, or at least until their real teacher returns well and healthy. 

Many other things have happened outside my work life, though. Exciting, pleasant things =] 


I had lunch with my sister and her friends at Pizza Hut. Apparently, they switched up their entire menu to seem more 'sophisticated' to boost their image as a 'fast food outlet'. Well, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't fantastic either. I guess for 7 bucks for pasta, soup and a drink, that's as good as its gonna get.


I've started an etsy shop, to try and sell my work (although, I don't have much to sell, and haven't exactly made a name for myself. And having just two things in the shop isn't much help either) but oh well, its part of my efforts to be adventurous =D 



I miss going to the beach. The last time I went was with Poodee. We had a blast cycling (and sore bums afterwards but totally worth it) and made it to the nearby Parkway Parade shopping centre to have cheap pasta. It's nice to know that after almost 7 years of knowing her, and even though we don't see each other very often, we're still such friends. 


Well friends, I'm planning to have a grand picnic at the beach some time this week with my sister, Dzaki, and whoever else we know. Just us, the sun, the sea, and good food. I hope I get round to planning it...

I'll try to update more often. Especially with crafty ideas and DIY tutorials, what with my new lesson plans for the kids. But I need to know: Is anyone actually reading this? =/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment