Navigate

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A skull a day.

Dzaki created a facebook event called 'A Skull A Day', which is basically a side project for a bunch of us from school. 

It's that simple. A skull a day. 

So since there was no size/medium/skill requirements, I decided to use a different material every day, depending on what's available to me that day eg. If I'm in a restaurant with a paper napkin and all I have is lipstick, then I'll just go for it ;) 
But so far that hasn't happened yet. Harhar. 


1. Tuesday

Felt marker on handmade paper


2. Wednesday



Floral mesh on tracing paper
(it catches light really well when held up to a window)

3. Thursday


Ink on cartridge paper

4. Friday


Corrugated cardboard 
(I tore off the smooth layer to reveal the pale 2nd layer)

5. Saturday


Chinese ink on rice paper

6. Sunday


Gesso & black marker on brown paper



As you can probably tell, I'm not going for accuracy or precision. If it kinda looks like a skull, I'm happy. Man, it doesn't even need to be a human skull. Animal skulls included ;)  I just wanna have fun experimenting with different media and techniques. After all, that's what I love doing. 

Cheers. 








No comments:

Post a Comment